Phase 1. Installing the application
- Go to the Marketplace.
- Find the application.
- Buy it.
- Ensure it has appeared on the "Apps/Manage" admin's page.
Phase 2. Getting a VK API token
- Open your VK community page.
- Go to "Manage community/API usage".
- Push the "Create token" button.
- Select options you need. At least it should be "Allow access to community messages" and optionally "Allow the application to control community". The second one is expected if you don't want to configure other things manually.
- Confirm creation by entering a secret code from SMS (it depends on your VK security settings).
- Copy your token and store it for the future usage. If you want to see it later you'll need to enter an SMS code again.
Phase 3. Creating an account for the community messages.
- Go to Zendesk's "Channel integrations".
- Choose the application you've installed.
- Go to the "Accounts" tab.
- Push the "Add account".
- Enter a new account name.
- Select the "Community messages" option.
- Paste the token you saved before into the "Community access token" field.
- Uncheck the "Auto configure community callback API settings" option if you want to do all the things manually as described below. You have to do it if you haven't selected the "Allow the application to control community" option earlier.
- Return to VK and copy the value of the "String to be returned" from the "Callback API" page, then paste it into the app's configuration page.
- Copy the app's value "Secret key" and paste it to the VK's "Secret key" field.
- Copy the app's "Endpoint address" and paste it to VK's URL field.
- Press VK's "Save". Do not press "Confirm" yet! This will create a VK's server configuration.
- Press app's "Save".
- Now press VK's "Confirm". You should see a "Successful" green message. If not, check the both "String to be returned" fields or ensure you've saved the app's config on the previous step.
- Go to the VK's "Event types" tab and select al least two options: "Incoming message", "Outcoming message".
Phase 4. Creating an account for the wall posts.
The process of creating of this account looks like the same as previous, but you need do some additional steps:
- You should select the "Community Wall" instead of "Community messages" on the step 6.
- Then you'll see two new fields "User access token url" and "Community URL" instead of the "Community access token".
- Press the link "Get VK user token" below the "User access token url".
- Press the "Allow" button in a new popup window.
- Copy the url from your browser's address line, close the popup and paste this url to the app's config.
- Also paste your community url to the "Community URL" field.
- Continue the process from the point 8. Then also choose the the "Wall posts" options on the "Event types" tab. Note: You do not need to create the second VK's server configuration. Just use the same parameter for the application you got on step 9 before.
Phase 5. Enjoy it!